The thing to do on Facebook these days is to write 25 things about yourself and send the list to your friends. This inspired us to consider what things Julia would write about herself. We couldn’t stop at 25, so here are JULIA'S 40 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I can’t get enough Barney and Elmo. Even though I know they annoy Mommy and Daddy, I just love them so much.
2. I used to be afraid of bouncy castles, but I recently went on one at my friend Anders’ birthday party and had a really great time. Mommy and Daddy were as surprised as I was!
3. I still call milk “nulky” even though I know it’s really called milk.
4. I love my family more than anything in the entire world.
5. My favorite thing to do each day is to look at photos and name everyone I know. I especially love “heavy pictures,” which is what I call Mommy and Daddy’s wedding albums (and any other large, heavy photo albums).
6. I have an amazing memory for names and faces. I can also recount tiny details about things that happened a long time ago.
7. I’m going through a new phase where I refuse to wear my hair bows. Mommy hopes this phase passes quickly. If not, I’m apparently going to have to get something called bangs.
8. My favorite musician is Laurie Berkner. I have all her albums. Don’t ask me to name my favorite song – there are just too many.
9. I still sleep with the same puppy that Aunt Lindsay gave me, which I’ve slept with since I was a little baby.
10. I’m very demanding about the music I want to listen to in the car. But sometimes I can be indecisive about it too. This drives my Mommy crazy.
11. I used to love the Wiggles (and even had a Wiggles-themed party for my second birthday). But now I’m terrified of the Wiggles. I don’t know why.
12. I wish I got to spend more time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I talk about them all the time.
13. I love watering the grass with Papa.
14. I love going on bike rides and eating pizza with Poppy.
15. I love baking cookies with Nana.
16. I love making tents and doing snugglebuggles with Mimi.
17. I love it when Nina sings me Yankee Doodle.
18. I’m very into the Obama family. I can name them all – President Barack, Michelle, Malia, and Sasha. I’m glad Sarah lost, but I miss seeing her on tv and in magazines (Mommy and Daddy do not).
19. I love to sing. I've been told I've got a pretty nice voice.
20. My favorite foods are macaroni & cheese, chili, egg salad, chicken nuggets, French fries, and pizza.
21. I like to drink water out of a straw.
22. I love to wear costume jewelry- especially necklaces. The more the better.
23. I like to have tea parties with Wandie.
24. I can tell you my birthday, recite the alphabet, count from 1-10 and from 10-1, and spell my name.
25. I love school. I’m a good friend and am very good at sharing.
26. Skylar Gross is my best friend.
27. My most overused phrase is “No, I don’t like it.” (Mommy and Daddy are trying to get me to replace this with “No thank you,” but I think I’ll say it my way for a little while longer).
28. My favorite puzzle is a shapes puzzle. I can identify and name all of the shapes – even the octagon and the pentagon.
29. I’m good at saying “please,” and I’m getting better at saying “thank you.”
30. I love Shabbat. Particularly blessing the candles. I like to say ‘Shabbat Shalom.’
31. We do the same nighttime ritual every night– bath, stories with Daddy, fly to Mommy, lullabies with Mommy (Julia’s lullaby medley – same every night), fly to crib. I like it this way – like my Daddy, I don’t like change.
32. I love to read. I’ve memorized all my books. Curious George books are some of my favorites.
33. I like to color, but even more than that, I like to tell other people to color.
34. My new thing is yoga (seriously). My favorite pose is downward dog.
35. My favorite treats are chocolate and birthday cake.
36. I have been attending music class since I was 4 months old, and I never get tired of it.
37. I used to cry at swimming lessons, but now, thanks to my new private lessons with Miss Cindy, I love swimming and can't wait for my lesson each week!
38. I talk a lot about going on the potty, but I don’t actually go that often.
39. I don’t like it when Mommy and Daddy leave me. But I understand that it’s good for them to go to work (whatever that is).
40. I think I’m the luckiest kid in the world.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment